Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
Public School #463
August 27, 2012
The Board of Education met in regular session on August 27, 2012, at 7:00 p.m. with Frank Eder, Shelley Kern, Julie Meyer, JoAnn Rademacher, Bob Stenger, Jeremy Willner, and Superintendent Mark Messman present. Nick Thielen and Rob Pederson (8:42 p.m.) were also present. Members absent: Sarah Kuechle.
The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Frank Eder.
The meeting was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
The agenda was approved on a motion by Bob Stenger and seconded by Jeremy Willner. Motion carried unanimously.
The revised consent agenda relettering the consent agenda items was approved on a motion by Shelley Kern and seconded by Julie Meyer. Motion carried unanimously.
Items included in the consent agenda:
-Approved the minutes of the August 13, 2012, Regular School Board Meeting
-Approved an extra-curricular contract with Gordon Schlangen for Head Girls Track Coach, Grp 2, Yr 8
-Approved an extra-curricular contract with Jason Huschle for Head Golf Coach, Group 2, Year 2
-Approved a revised classified contract with Patricia Milliman, from Seasonal Cleaner to Cleaner (full-time), Group II, Step 3, effective August 21, 2012 to June 30, 2013
-Approved the Elementary Student Handbook for 2012-13
-Approved the Elementary Student/Parent Policy Handbook for 2012-13
-Approved the District, Secondary and Elementary goals for 2012-13
-Approved 2012-13 Resolution for Membership in the MSHSL
-Second reading and approval of Policy #8100 School Board Officers
-Second reading and approval of Policy #1116 Public Participation
-Notice of following Board Committee Meeting(s) (Board Room unless noted)
Elementary Construction on Wednesday, August 29 at 10:00 a.m. (Elem)
Secondary Construction on Wednesday, August 29 at 1:00 p.m. (KA Trailer)
Classified Negotiations meeting on Wednesday, September 5 at 6:30 p.m.
The August 27, 2012, bills, checks #54716 through #54788, electronic tax payments and P-card purchases, totaling $1,374,100.86 were presented and approved on a motion by Jeremy Willner and seconded by Bob Stenger. Motion carried unanimously.
GENERAL FUND 203,505.29
FOOD SERVICE 203.16
COMMUNITY ED 12,574.41
BLDG CONSTRUC 1,153,018.00
SCHOLARSHIP TRUST 4,800.00
A complete list of the bills is available in the District Office.
The following items of business were transacted:
1. Superintendent Mark Messman went over September enrollment with 935 students in attendance.
2. At 6:30 p.m. the Board and Administration toured the school buildings. Board discussed details of ongoing progress, finances, cleaning, timeframes and problem-solving solutions.
3. Dave Schneider, Activities Director, reported on fall participation numbers, programs and pre-season schedules and the fall sports meeting.
4. Barb Koehn, Food Service Director, reported on MDE mandated serving size and caloric intake. The Board approved raising the adult meal price to $3.25 on a motion by JoAnn Rademacher and seconded by Shelley Kern. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Superintendent Mark Messman provided updates and lead discussion on his goals for 2012-2013. The Board accepted Superintendent Messman's 2012-13 goals on a motion by Julie Meyer and seconded by Shelley Kern.
6. The Board approved the District Technology Coordinator Contract with Denise DeJuliannie on a motion by JoAnn Rademacher and seconded by Julie Meyer. Motion carried unanimously.
7. The following board committee reports were given:
Sunshine Committee report was given by Shelley Kern.
8. Elementary Principal Rob Pederson provided updates on opening days, open house, enrollment, and other items.
9. Superintendent Messman reported on the following issues: Superintendent web-page, transportation meeting, CMC, north and south parking lots, Board-Governance handout.
10. Agenda for September 24, 2012, Regular Board Meeting
a) Building Project Updates
b) Updates And Progress On Classified Contract Negotiations
c) Update And Progress On Contract With JColten, Inc. for computer networking services
d) 2012 Pay 2013 For Proposed Preliminary Property Tax Levy Limits
e) Business Manager's Resignation Notice
The meeting was adjourned at 8:24 p.m. on a motion by Jeremy Willner and seconded by Shelley Kern. Motion carried unanimously.
Published in the Tri-County News Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012.