Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
Sunday, Jan. 22, at about 1:30 p.m. The Chain of Lakes Fire Dept., Cold Spring Fire Dept. and the Stearns County Sheriff's office were dispatched to a residential fire at 18118 195th Street, which is southwest of Cold Spring, just east of CR 49 in Luxemburg Township. The homeowner, Christine Wieneke, age 29, said the fire started in the clothes dryer. Wieneke tried to put the fire out by herself with a fire extinguisher, but was unsuccessful. After getting her children and dogs out of the house, she called 911. Wieneke was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by Chain of Lakes Fire and Rescue, and did not go to the hospital. There was only minor damage to the home, primarily in the laundry room.