Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
Stearns and Meeker counties begin Aug. 8
Motorists will encounter lane restrictions on Highway 55 from Stearns County Road 66 in Paynesville to just east of Highway 4 in Meeker County beginning Monday, Aug. 8.
Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone while crews resurface the roadway.
Knife River Corporation of Sauk Rapids, is the prime contractor for the $1.3 million roadway improvement project.
The project is scheduled to be complete by late August, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, the Minnesota Department of Transportation urges drivers to:
* Check www.511mn.org, or call 511 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
* Watch for construction crew and equipment in the work zone.
* Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
* Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
* Stay alert; expect the unexpected.