Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
Lake Maria State Park will hold its sixth annual Winter Fun Day from 10 a.m. to
3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29, featuring exciting indoor and outdoor activities.
Here's the schedule:
* 10 to 11 a.m. Snowshoe hike through the park's woodlands looking for animal tracks and wildlife. Reservations are required by calling the park at (763) 878-2325. A limited number of snowshoes can be reserved by also calling the park.
* 11 to Noon Children's Snow Ranger activities including animal tracks, nature bingo and winter safety.
* Noon to 1 p.m. Snacks and refreshments provided by the Friends of Lake Maria.
* 1 to 2 p.m. Meet search and rescue dogs and learn more about their training and duties from professional trainer Wendy Dean from Northstar Search and Rescue.
* 2 to 3 p.m. Wolf program presented by naturalists from
St. John's University Arboretum.
* Ongoing Winter camping demonstrations, snow-hut construction, skiing, ice skating and winter hiking.
All events are free, but a $5 vehicle park entrance fee will apply for those without an annual permit. For updates and park information, call the park or visit its web site at
Lake Maria State Park is located approximately seven miles northwest of Monticello, 10 miles northeast of Annandale, or five miles north of Maple Lake on Wright County Highway 111.