Published on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
Monday afternoon, the Kimball and South Haven Fire Departments were called to a "shed fire" at the home of Kenneth and Lois Wills in Meeker County, south of Kimball. The call was particularly urgent because a propane tank was located near the building on fire. Watkins Ambulance also was called to the scene, to be on hand for firefighters.
The firefighters put out the blaze, but the building was burned to the ground. The gas tank and the home and other buildings nearby were all spared.
The building that burned was used as an art studio by Lois Wills. She noted that it was fortunate that she had moved most of its contents into her new studio inside their home for the winter.
The Wills would like to thank the fire departments for their quick and thorough action that prevented much more damage.