The Steps for Eden Valley-Watkins Special Olympics 5K committee would like to express our sincere appreciation to all of those who supported the walk/run/bike event held Saturday, June 1. We especially want to thank the following:
• The businesses in the area that permitted posters to be placed in their facility.
• Bernick’s for the donation of banners to promote the event.
• The cities of Eden Valley and Watkins for announcing the event on their respective city marquees.
• The Eden Valley Police Department and Eden Valley Fire & Rescue Squad, along with Meeker and Stearns County
Sheriff departments for keeping participants safe along the event route.
• Assumption Church for the use of their grounds.
• Walmart for bottled water and granola bars for participants.
• All of our wonderful volunteers who made the event operate smoothly.
• The Special Olympic athletes, their parents and coaches for their help the day of the event and always.
• Eden Valley-Watkins Community Education staff for posting our information on their site.
• The Voice and Tri-County News for their coverage of the event.
• And last, but far from least, we offer our deepest admiration to all those who participated and raised funds for the Eden Valley-Watkins Special Olympic program.
Thanks to the generosity of many, were able to raise nearly $2,900 to support the athletes and the Eden Valley-Watkins Special Olympic program.
Our Special Olympic program and athletes are grateful to be surrounded by such a great body of community, business and school support.
Thank you again!
The Steps for
Special Olympics Committee