RESOLUTION NO. 11052013D RESOLUTION TO AMEND ZONING ORDINANCE SECTION 1130 – LIGHT INDUSTRY
WHEREAS, the City Council held a public hearing on Tuesday, November 5, 2013, to amend Ordinance Section 1130 to read as follows:
Section 1130.02: PERMITTED USES. The following uses shall be permitted in this district:
1. Wholesale business estab-
2. Warehouse; packing and crating establishment; truck yard or terminal.
3. Contractors’ shops, roofing, electrical, paperhanging, ventilating, welding, upholstering, fencing, building.
4. Storage Facilities for the storage of personal items by persons renting the space as a permitted use.
5. Storage yards for building material, coal, wood, and ice.
6. Laboratories for research and utility uses.
7. Public and Public quality control.
8. The manufacture, compounding, processing, packing or treatment of such products as candy, cosmetics, drugs, perfumes, pharmaceutical, toiletries and food products except the rendering of fats and oils.
9. The manufacturing of pottery and figurines or other similar ceramic products, using only previously pulverized clay and kilns fired only by electricity or gas.
10. The manufacturing of boats, cameras, electrical appliances, radio and television receivers, musical instruments, medical appliances and photographic equipment except film.
11. The manufacture of sporting and athletic equipment, small tools, toys, children’s vehicles, caskets, and burial vaults.
12. Trade schools
14. Animal clinics
This amendment is adopted the 5th day of November 2013, and shall be effective upon publication.
CITY OF KIMBALL
By: Tammy Konz, Mayor
By: Nicole Pilarski, Clerk
Published in the Tri-County News Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING - KIMBALL CITY COUNCIL
Notice is hereby given that the Kimball City Council will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible, in the City Hall Council Chambers, 1 Main St. N, to consider the following:
A request by Casey’s General Store for a Conditional Use Permit, for their property located at 115 St. Hwy. 55 E to install a Casey’s ID sign, price and car wash on the existing pylon sign structure.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING KIMBALL CITY COUNCIL
Notice is hereby given that the Kimball City Council will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, November 5, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible, in the City Hall Council Chambers, 1 Main St. N, to consider the following:
Amending City Ordinance 1130 - Light Industry to allow for storage facilities for the storage of personal items by persons renting the space as a permitted use.
Anyone wishing to comment on the proposed amendment will be heard at this hearing or you may send your written comments, which need to be received no later than Tuesday, November 5, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. Please send to:
City of Kimball
Attn: City Clerk
P.O. Box 238
Kimball, MN 55353
Published in the Tri-County News Thursdays, Oct. 24 and 31, 2013.
CITY COUNCIL VACANCY
The Kimball City Council will be appointing a person to fill a vacancy on the Kimball City Council through December 31, 2014. Candidates must be a qualified voter in the State of Minnesota, a U.S. Citizen, at least 21 years of age on the date he/she would assume office and be a resident of the City of Kimball.
Published in the Tri-County News Thursdays Oct. 10, 17, 24, and 31, 2013.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS 2013 Hail Damage Repair to City Buildings, Kimball, Minnesota
Notice is hereby given that sealed Bids will be received by the City Clerk until 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 1, 2013, at the Kimball City Hall, 1 Main Street North, Kimball, MN 55353, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud at the City Council meeting for the furnishing of all labor and material for the repair of hail damage to 11 City structures.
A listing of the repairs to be made on each structure can be picked up at the City Hall, 1 Main Street North, Kimball, MN, and is also available on the City website at www.ci.kimball.mn.us.
A qualified sealed bid will include the following: name of the building, material and labor costs for the building, and the total cost for work performed on all