Tuesday, Jan. 15, at 9:21 p.m., the Meeker County Sheriff’s Office and the Watkins Fire Department responded to 36649 657th Avenue, for a fish house on fire. The fish house was on Clear Lake approximately 200 yards from this address. The owner of the fish house, John Young, age 46, of Watkins, was in another fish house on the lake when his second house started on fire. It is believed the cause of the fire was the heater being left on unattended. The fish house was a 7x14 homemade wheel house valued at $400 with approximately $1,200 worth of equipment and personal belongings inside.
Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 11:56