This is an extremely brief summary of last week’s Eden Valley city council meeting. Watch for a full report online, and in next week’s Tri-County News.
• Kris Latcham of EV-W Community Ed inquired about renting the old fire hall for a new daycare being planned as an extension of the Eagle Kids program.
• Progress on Highway 22 construction: sidewalks will be installed around paving schedule, and will be protected appropriately from cold weather. The city will look into what de-icing materials may be used safely on the new sidewalks.
• Partial payment on road construction was authorized.
• About $7,500 in delinquent water/sewer, refuse, and lawn care bills will be certified to the homeowners’ taxes.
• The city is looking into raising its utility rates (water and sewer).
• Winter parking restrictions went into effect Nov. 1 (see page 16 for details).
• Budget workshop will be at 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26.
• Next regular meeting is Wed., Dec. 4, along with a hearing on the 2014 budget and levy.