The summer months bring more construction projects and upgrades to the EV-W school system. The following list highlights the majority of work to be completed this summer:
• Install a new air handling unit at Watkins Elementary School
• Upgrade an elementary boiler pending construction completion fees and contingency funds
• Install asphalt wear-coat and striping at Eden Valley Secondary
• Landscaping, rock, and sod at the Eden Valley Secondary site
• Complete the Performance Hall with upgrades to audio, lighting, staging, and curtain
• Replace flooring in the elementary cafeteria, and secondary bathrooms and girls locker room
• Completion of a district-wide electronic door security and locking system
• Various sidewalk, gutter, and drain upgrades
• Banners, plaques, and showcases to complete the lobby and gymnasium
• Cleaning, finishing, and painting in multiple locations
Congratulations to the EV-W Girls Softball team on winning the Section 5A Championship last week at Whitney Park in
St. Cloud. The 2013 Section Softball win qualified the team for State play at Mankato on June 6 and 7. As I write this update, the girls have won their State quarterfinal game against New York Mills with a score of 4-2, and advance to semifinals at 3 p.m. Best wishes to our EV-W girls at the State Tournament, and Congratulations to the team and coaching staff for another outstanding season!
EV-W Baseball will also be represented and recognized at the 2013 Minnesota High School Baseball All-Star Series. Pitcher, Hayden Willner has been selected to play in the 39th annual All-Star game in Chaska. The June 20 to 22 tournament involves four squads representing Northern Minnesota, Southern Minnesota, Metro East, and Metro West. Congratulations Hayden, and best wishes pitching the North team to an All-Star victory this summer.
“The secret in education lies in respecting the student.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson