Just in case you have never been to a fashion review… we’d like to encourage you to check this year’s out! Fashion Review is an event where 4-H’ers model their clothing in a runway fashion show that allows those in attendance to view a clothing project that the 4-H’ers either made or purchased during the past year. The 4-H’ers participate in conference judging earlier in the day to determine what knowledge they have in relation to their project, as well as evaluate the general appearance, design, workmanship, and techniques used in the outfit. Placings from this judging are announced at the conclusion of the public review later that evening.
The judging process allows 4-H’ers the opportunity to:
• Build self-confidence and pose by developing an understanding of “self” which aids in the selection and making of clothing that is becoming and expressive of one’s personality.
• Develop skills in planning, selecting, and making becoming clothing for different occasions.
• Select suitable and becoming accessories and model with confidence a garment made to meet one’s wardrobe needs.
• Develop good posture and grooming habits.
• Acquire knowledge and skills in planning, presenting, and participating in Fashion Review.
• Practice leadership skills and roles, take part in community affairs, and demonstrate citizenship responsibility.
• Explore career, job, and productive leisure opportunities.
• Develop skills, knowledge, and attitudes for lifelong use.
Please Note: This will once again be the only public review, so don’t miss your only chance to catch this exciting event. If you have any questions, please call the Meeker County Extension Office at (320) 693-5275.